Skoda Volkswagen Sets right into Procedure 18.5 MW Rooftop Solar at Pune Facility
- The group currently states that the new rooftop solar facility will be creating about 26.6 million kWh of green energy per year.
- The solar installment is in line with the 'goTOzero' mission of the Volkswagen Group.
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India has revealed the installation of 18.5 MW rooftop solar at its Chakan plant in Pune. The group currently claims that the new rooftop solar facility will be generating concerning 26.6 million kWh of green energy per year.
The solar setup is in line with the 'goTOzero' mission of the Volkswagen Group. The solar energy will help the German automaker relocate away from fossil fuel based power and also get it closer to its worldwide target of carbon neutrality whatsoever its sites by 2030.
The 18.5 MW is expected to cover concerning 30 per cent of the Chakan Plant's yearly power demand. The solar facility will help in reducing the CO2 emissions of Volkswagen rising from car production at the site by regarding 28 percent each year.
Piyush Arora, Taking Care Of Director and CEO, Skoda Auto Volkswagen India claimed "As India sets its sights on a greener future, with renewable resource as well as minimized carbon emissions at the forefront, we are proud to play our component in this change. The launch of one of the automotive industry's biggest solar-power rooftop at our Pune plant is a testimony to the Volkswagen Group's commitment to 'goTOzero' as well as our efforts towards a carbon-neutral future."
He stated that this turning point comes close on the heels of our Aurangabad facility changing to 100 percent Green Energy recently. In November 2022, the Aurangabad facility started to run100 percent on green energy 3 years ahead of the initial target of Volkswagen Group. "These initiatives remain in continuation of our all natural strategy towards decarbonisation, source performance and sustainable manufacturing," added Arora.
The Aurangabad manufacturing site is anticipated to decrease CO2 by 48% annually as a result of this button to renewable energy.
The Volkswagen Group intends to be net carbon neutral by 2050. Volkswagen had revealed last December concerning its plan to set up among the largest rooftop solar systems of the nation in the Chakan facility. The firm was then held to have actually partnered with Amp Energy to mount 25,770 photovoltaic panels.
- Building field plan calls for solar on all new EU buildings
- Solar Power Accelerator ups setup target 5 times to 1 GW
- Roofit.Solar secures EUR 6.45 m to increase solar roofing system production
- Germany's PV capacity addition at record level in January following roof boom
- Trina Solar With Global PV Launches 445W PV Modules for Rooftops