Shell to acquire 100MW PV quartet from Anesco
- 4 projects in North Wales, Chester, Northamptonshire and Lincolnshire are done in final planning stages
Shell is advancing the purchase of 4 solar projects in the UK being developed by Anesco, with a complete capacity of 100MW.
Anesco has actually been developing the projects, located in North Wales, Chester, South Northamptonshire and also North Lincolnshire, over the past 18 months.
All four remain in the lasts of planning.
Renewable power generated from these projects will be provided to UK clients through power purchase agreements (PPA).
The agreement between Shell and also Anesco improves an existing relationship in between the two business.
They have actually effectively collaborated on a battery storage plant at Shell's Bacton gas terminal site in Norfolk, while in March 2022, Anesco completed advancement of the third in a trio of solar farms for Shell in the Netherlands: a 12MW array in Emmen, a 14MW solar farm in Friesland and also a 30MW solar setup in Sas Van Gent.
Lukas Fleming, Head Onshore Power, Shell UK claimed: "Shell is constructing a business that extends the generation, trading as well as supply of clean energy to homes as well as companies here in the UK.
" Acquisition of these 4 solar power projects from Anesco will certainly mean we can aid satisfy even more of the expanding demand for sustainable power from our UK clients."
- Oklahoma State University group selected to receive a $750,000 grant from NASA
- Queensland to relocate away from coal with USD-40.9 bn green plan
- Linea Energy grabs 490-MWp Texas solar project from Horus
- Akuo energises 8.7-MWp floating solar park in France
- EIB provides EUR 200m for residential, SMEs solar projects in Brazil