Scatec activate its 3rd solar park in Ukraine
- Norway's Scatec Solar ASA (OSL: SSO) has hooked to the grid the 32-MW Kamianka plant in Ukraine's Cherkasy area, hence completing its third project in the nation.
The Kamianka solar power facility will begin commercial procedures on January 1, 2021. The business executed the project in partnership with Dutch growth bank FMO under Ukraine's feed-in-tariff (FiT) plan.
The solar park is expected to provide some 37 GWh of power every year, powering over 11,000 homes.
"The Kamianka solar power plant will bring about the abatement of more than 15,000 tonnes of Carbon Monoxide ² discharges, and will certainly contribute to growing the share of renewable resource in the nation", says Raymond Carlsen, CEO of Scatec.
The Oslo-based company now has virtually 1.6 GW of functional solar parks around the world and also is developing an additional 320 MW, consisting of 203 MW in Ukraine.
- Iberdrola commissions 50-MW solar farm in Spain
- Capital Energy breaks ground on 20-MW solar plant in Spain
- Masdar, Taaleri to establish 65-MW PV project in Greece
- Sungrow obtains inverter order for 200-MW solar project in Egypt
- NTPC Renewable Energy Indications PPA to Offer Power From its 150 MW Solar Project