Salt River Project and also Clēnera sign 20-year solar PPA in Arizona
- Arizonan utility Salt River Project (SRP) as well as renewables business Clēnera have signed a 20-year power acquisition arrangement (PPA) for the CO Bar Solar project that is anticipated to supply between 440-480MW of power.
Clēnera will certainly build as well as operate CO Bar Solar, presently under growth near Flagstaff, Arizona. Construction on the plant is set up to start in 2023, with the project ahead online in 2024.
The arrangement, which SRP claimed represented its largest standalone solar energy project, will help in the utility's decarbonisation efforts as it looks for to establish over 2GW of new utility-scale solar by 2025. It also intends to minimize carbon emissions from its procedures by 65% by 2035 and 90% by 2050 from its 2005 degrees.
" The CO Bar Solar energy plant is an extraordinary clean energy source that will certainly support SRP clients as well as assist us take a considerable action towards our decarbonization objectives," said SRP CEO Mike Hummel.
Clēnera's vice president of company growth, Jared McKee, claimed: "We are thrilled to be dealing with SRP to develop among the biggest solar projects in Arizona. Clēnera has historically led the way for renewable energy in the state, and also CO Bar Solar is yet another instance of development being made in Arizona's clean power market."
Last month, Israeli independent power manufacturer (IPP) Enlight Renewable resource got 90% of Clēnera's shares in an acquisition worth US$ 433 million that sees Enlight add 1.6 GW to its portfolio. And last month it protected a deal to get a portfolio of solar projects in Spain with an integrated capability of 490MWdc.
Sibling site Energy-Storage. news reported today that SRP has just brought online its greatest lithium-ion battery storage project so far, a 25MW/ 100MWh Tesla Megapack system adjacent to the utility's 626MW Agua Fria Generating Station thermal power plant in the City of Peoria.
- Masdar, EDF Renewables and partners eye 1.2 GW of solar in Indonesia for power exports to Singapore
- PowerMarket, SunRaise flip turn on big Maine community solar project
- Verde Solutions to install 370-kW bifacial solar project for Illinois producer
- Standard Solar acquires 2.9-MW community PV park in Maryland
- Statkraft, Better Energy ink 36-MW solar PPA for zero-subsidy Polish project