Saint-Gobain: 100-MW N. American Solar PPA Signed
- TotalEnergies is providing Saint-Gobain with clean energy from 100 MW of its 400 MW solar project in Texas, reducing emissions by 90,000 tonnes annually. This is the third PPA for Saint-Gobain in North America, helping reach its goal of carbon neutrality by 2050.
TotalEnergies is providing Saint-Gobain with clean energy from 100 MW of its 400 MW solar project in Texas. This power will be sourced from the Danish Fields Solar project, which is expected to be completed by the end of 2022. The 15-year power purchase agreement will supply 125 industrial sites in North America with renewable energy, reducing Saint-Gobain's carbon dioxide emissions by 90,000 tonnes annually. This is the third PPA between Saint-Gobain and TotalEnergies in North America; the other two are for 200 MW of solar power from the Cottonwood Bayou Solar project in Texas, and a wind farm in Illinois. Saint-Gobain's goal is to reduce its Scope 1 and 2 emissions by 33% by 2030 and to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050.
What Impact Will TotalEnergies' 400MW Solar Project Have on Saint-Gobain?
- The 400MW solar project of TotalEnergies will be able to significantly reduce Saint-Gobain's dependence on fossil-fuels for its operations.
- The solar project will enable Saint-Gobain to reduce its overall carbon footprint by decreasing the amount of emissions created as a result of its operations.
- The project will also help Saint-Gobain to reduce its energy costs, as the renewable energy generated from the 400MW solar project will be cheaper than energy produced from traditional fossil fuels.
- Saint-Gobain will also benefit from the increased reliability of its energy supply, as solar energy is more reliable than energy produced from traditional sources.
- The project will also create jobs in the local community, as more personnel will be needed to build and maintain the project.
- Finally, the 400MW solar project will help Saint-Gobain to meet its sustainability goals and objectives. This will allow the company to attract more customers, as they will see the company as a responsible and environmentally conscious business.