Romania's Hidroelectrica prepares 50MW hydrogen plant on the Danube
- Romanian majority state-owned hydro power manufacturer Hidroelectrica is seeking specialists to draft a feasibility study for the construction of a 50MW green hydrogen manufacturing plant near the Portile de Fier gorge on the Danube, it said.
Hidroelectrica aims to generate green hydrogen making use of a hydrolyzer which will certainly make use of water from the Danube as well as renewable energy generated by a devoted photovoltaic park as resources, the business announced in a tender notice released in Romania's digital system for public procurement, SEAP, on December 22
The feasibility research study will certainly have to analyze whether it is feasible to attach the hydrogen production center directly to the Portile de Fier II hydro power plant as a back-up to the photovoltaic park.
The hydrogen manufacturing plant will certainly be located on the Ostrovu Mare village in Mehedinti region. The target date for sending deals is December 28.
Hidroelectrica is 80.06%-had by the Romanian state, mutual fund Fondul Proprietatea holds the continuing to be rate of interest of 19.94%. The company has 209 hydro nuclear power plant with a total mounted capacity of 6,482 MW in its portfolio.
Russian oil and gas empire Lukoil stated last week that it has actually authorized a memorandum of intent with Rusatom Overseas, part of the Rosatom Group, relating to manufacturing as well as supply of green hydrogen at the Petrotel-Lukoil refinery in Ploiesti, southerly Romania.
- The Hydrogen Stream: Hydrogen refueling stations for automobile market
- France's Lhyfe to Create Green H2 from Solar Energy in Germany
- The Hydrogen Stream: More huge scale hydrogen for Port of Rotterdam
- Hero Future Energies companions US-based firm to establish 1GW of green hydrogen plants
- Beijing Jingneng building 1 GW of wind, solar with storage space as well as some hydrogen production