Qair signs 5.8-MWp floating solar PPA in Seychelles
- French independent renewable power manufacturer Qair stated today it has authorized a power acquisition agreement (PPA) for a 5.8-MWp floating solar plant in the Seychelles, bringing to an end settlements that began in November 2019 when it won a tender for the project.
The agreement, authorized with the Republic of Seychelles' Public Utilities Corporation (PUC) on Monday, is the Indian Ocean country's first ever PPA.
Qair will certainly create, construct and run the floating solar array on the lagoon of Providence, with building and construction because of begin in the 4th quarter of 2023. The power generated will certainly be provided to the Seychelles grid.
The signing happened onboard Energy Observer, a renewable resource and also hydrogen powered vessel. Released in 2017 in France, the vessel works as a lab for environmental transition. Qair has actually been a main partner of Energy Observer given that 2022.
It was reported in late 2022 that final talks were underway on the floating solar project. This followed a delay caused by travel restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Green light for huge Italian solar farm
- Polish solar market to reach 27GW in 2025
- Multiplying Solar as well as Battery Manufacturing Facilities Placed Net Zero in Closer Reach
- JinkoSolar Subsidiary to Construct 56 GW Manufacturing Facility in China
- WATT to install 5.6 MW of solar arrays for significant bank in Nigeria