Qair establishes sights on Sicily with applications for 500MW of solar
- Independent power producer Qair has finished the applications for obtaining licenses for 500MW of solar projects in Italy.
The French business is looking to acquire the projects in south-eastern Sicily, with the hope of placing itself as a significant gamer in renewable resources in Italy by consolidating a 1GW portfolio of projects in country.
"Our goal is to finish our initial financings and also develop our projects by the end of 2022, in order to get to 500 MW of mounted capability by 2025," explained Qair's supervisor for Italy Emmanuel Macqueron. He added his thanks to the team, whose "complete commitment" had made the ambition possible.
Qair-- called Quadran International before 2020-- presently has 230 MW of power generation across 16 territories. Additionally, it has a pipe of 930MW of renewables in the building and construction and also funding phase, and 3GW of assets under growth for future release.
Across Africa, South-East Asia, South America and also Europe, the company is intending to have actually commissioned 1GW of assets by 2022.
- Rosseti to assist construct Europe's 'biggest' PV project
- Dominion Energy Gets 150 MW Solar Project in Ohio from Invenergy
- BayWa r.e. offers Malaysian solar to regional power manufacturer
- Two additional Georgia solar projects powering Facebook information center currently operational
- 2 EDF Renewables utility-scale solar farms begin operation in California