Power Roll Secures £1M for Low-Cost Solar Film
- Power Roll has secured an investment of £1 million to expand their patentedMicrogrooves technology andcommercialize their affordable and efficient flexible solar film worldwide. Their solar film can produce cost-effective electricity for a variety of applications.
Power Roll, a developer of lightweight flexible solar films, has recently secured an investment of £1 million. The funding was led by Maven Capital Partners and included two investments from Maven-managed regional funds. Power Roll has developed a patented low-cost and high-resolution conductive surfaces Microgrooves technology. The investment will enable the business to embark on a program of growth and commercialize its innovative solar film on a global scale. Power Roll's film can produce ultra-low-cost green electricity that is significantly cheaper than existing flexible solar photovoltaic (PV) technologies. It is suitable for a variety of applications including non-load-bearing rooftops, building integration, transport, portable applications, and off-grid projects.
How Did Power Roll Secure £1 Million Investment?
- Power Roll's patented Microgrooves technology is a low-cost, high-resolution conductive surface that is flexible and can be used to produce ultra-low-cost green electricity.
- The £1 million investment will enable the business to expand and commercialize its revolutionary solar film on a global scale.
- Maven Capital Partners led the funding, which also included investments from Maven-managed regional funds.
- As well as power generation, Power Roll's film is suitable for a wide range of applications, including non-load-bearing rooftops, building integration, transport, portable applications, and off-grid projects.
The investment in Power Roll allows the company to accelerate the development of its technology and further its mission to help reduce the cost of renewable energy generation.