Nextracker opens torque tube manufacturing facility in Tennessee
- A new factory in Tennessee officially was revealed today that will make steel components for Nextracker solar tracking systems. The Memphis-based facility houses MSS Steel Tubes United States, a joint venture of Metalogalva and also Soufer, as well as will produce Nextracker steel torque tubes. The site supports 129 jobs.
" We selected Memphis for our initial U.S. plant to support Nextracker's utility-scale solar need across the Southeast," said António Pedro Antunes, Chief Executive Officer of Metalogalva Group. "Memphis has the transportation, framework, and also capable workforce necessary to support a solar manufacturing program such as this."
Nextracker's devoted tube mill will feed projects in Kentucky, South Carolina, Virginia, Mississippi and also Georgia. Tennessee-based Silicon Ranch is establishing much of those projects, having lately signed a supply agreement for 1.5 GW of trackers with Nextracker, and one more new 3-GW supply agreement today.
" Nextracker's new Tennessee tube mill not just assists us keep our 100% performance history for effective project shipment however also allows us to support additional investments in American production while reducing carbon production processes of our supply chain, as well as decreasing volatility and also logistics dangers, all from our home state," stated Reagan Farr, Silicon Ranch co-founder and also CEO.
" This is what energy safety and security resembles: New U.S. production jobs making use of American-made steel to generate cost effective clean power," claimed Dan Shugar, owner and CEO of Nextracker. "Customers want domestic, low-carbon innovations like solar power. We are delighted to inaugurate a new dedicated Nextracker manufacturing line in Memphis with MSS Steel Tubes United States, and to continue to group with Silicon Ranch with a new 3-GW multi-year agreement to supply the Tennessee Valley as well as greater Southeast with our high carrying out systems."
Portuguese commercial business Metalogalva Group as well as Brazilian steelmaker Soufer Group formed MSS Steel Tubes United States to reconfigure a vacant commercial structure to produce for Nextracker.
Nextracker as well as MSS Steel Tubes held an event today to commit the steel tube line in collaboration with Silicon Ranch. The Tennessee Commissioner of Economic Development, Stuart McWhorter, signed up with the occasion along with Abby Hopper, the CEO of Solar Energy Industries Association, and David Burritt, Chief Executive Officer of United State Steel.
Nextracker products made with American steel are likely to benefit from domestic web content bonus credits consisted of in the IRA.
- Scientists demonstrate laser-driven control of fundamental motions of the lead halide perovskite atomic lattice
- LONGi announces perovskite/crystalline silicon tandem solar cells with 31.8% efficiency
- Maxeon Solar achieves record efficiency of 24.7%, various other improvements
- Indian panel maker Saatvik has plans for a 1.5-GW manufacturing facility in U.S.A.
- NexWafe safeguards moneying to build solar wafer factory in Germany