New SunPower CEO Wants Buying Solar as Easy as Amazon Purchases
- Faricy states solar service is ripe for digital innovation.
- Just concerning 3% of U.S. homes are furnished with photovoltaic panels.
The new CEO of SunPower Corp.-- a professional of Amazon.com Inc.-- intends to make the roof solar-buying procedure simpler for homeowners.
" We have a chance to really introduce on the customer experience," stated SunPower Ceo Peter Faricy in a meeting Wednesday. "Till we make getting solar as straightforward as purchasing a book on Amazon, we're not mosting likely to stop."
While interest in household solar is surging in the U.S. with environment modification a threat to the power grid, only regarding 3% of the nation's houses are geared up with panels. Rooftop-solar firms have actually connected the market infiltration partly to lengthy allowing procedures. Plus, offering rooftop systems is frequently low-tech and lots of firms relied on door-to-door sales before the pandemic.
SunPower just recently shifted its focus from making panels to marketing panels in addition to storage space. Faricy, whose history remains in sales, joined SunPower last month as well as assumes the solar company is ripe for electronic innovation. He claimed the sales process advises him of home-buying in the 1970s: there are a lot of hands-on steps and you don't know when the project will be completed.
SunPower deployed 77 megawatts of residential solar in the very first quarter, up from 70 megawatts during the same period last year, according to a firm spokeswoman.
Faricy formerly worked as president of international direct-to-consumer for Discovery Inc. as well as additionally invested 13 years at Amazon.
- India's Solar Targets Will See Aluminum Demand Tripling
- Battered Clean Energy Stocks May Quickly Recuperate
- Prefabricated solar tech firm 5B protects ARENA grant, launches AU$ 33m innovation programme
- Enel Green Power acquires 610MW of Soltec trackers for projects in Peru as well as Colombia
- TrinaTracker takes aim at Middle East PV market with launch of brand-new 1P tracker product