Nebraska's Record-Breaking Solar Project
- FTC Solar has been contracted to supply its Pioneer 1P solar tracker for a 225-MW solar project near Columbus, Nebraska. Delivery of the trackers will begin in 2021, with Sandhills Energy's 720 MW of solar projects already developed and 1,500 MW more in its pipeline.
FTC Solar, a solar tracking systems manufacturer, has been contracted to supply its Pioneer 1P solar tracker for a 225-MW solar project being developed by Sandhills Energy LLC in Nebraska. The PV park is to be installed near the city of Columbus. No details were disclosed regarding the value of the order, however FTC Solar will commence delivering PV trackers in the third quarter of 2021. Sandhills Energy has developed and sold 720 MW of solar projects and 1,500 MW in its development pipeline across Nebraska and its neighbouring states.
What Will FTC Solar Provide for Sandhills Energy's 225-MW Project?
- FTC Solar will provide Sandhills Energy with its Pioneer 1P solar tracker for the 225-MW solar project near the city of Columbus.
- The solar tracking systems manufacturer will start delivering trackers to the site in the third quarter of 2021.
- The project marks an important milestone for the Sandhills Energy, which has a development pipeline of 1,500 MW across Nebraska and its neighbouring states.
- The value of the order hasn’t been disclosed.
- The project is expected to create jobs both during the construction and operation phases in the area.
- FTC Solar’s trackers are designed to maximize energy output and minimize land usage.
- The trackers pivot in two axes and dynamically adjust to the sun’s movement during the day, allowing for greater energy yield than fixed-tilt trackers.
- FTC Solar’s trackers are fully designed, tested and manufactured in the United States.