Mondragon Assembly gets majority stake in QHD Visual, patents brand-new lamination machine
- Solar production equipment provider Mondragon Assembly has actually gotten a 60% stake in Chinese lamination equipment manufacturer QHD Visual Automation Equipment.
The procurement, which Mondragon said caps seven years of partnership in between the two business, accompanies the patenting of a new multistack laminator machine, called Pad-Press, which has been co-developed by the duo.
Mondragon included that the deal would reinforce its own position in the solar market while also bringing what it called the "most ingenious laminator machine out there" right into its product portfolio.
The machine utilizes a membrane-free solution to laminate flooring PV modules, reducing both running expenses of the production line and also downtime. While valid for any kind of kind of component, Mondragon as well as Visual said the device had actually been specifically developed for usage in glass-glass module manufacturing, in line with current market trends.
Iñaki Madina, solar service director at Mondragon, claimed the deal created part of the business's method to be "positive" in forging new partnerships that would "strengthen our competitive advantage over the competitors".
"This new milestone is an advance for Visual too, as this brand-new partnership will certainly offer us the opportunity to continue working together to both create brand-new solutions as well as take our items international, in addition to react to new difficulties as well as applications that will unquestionably develop in the future," Visual's CEO included.
- Indonesia: USD 2.6m Loan Powers Shizen JV's Rooftop Solar
- 90MW Brazilian Solar Projects Energized by Trina Solar
- BNDES: Investing in Brazil's 902MW Solar Complex
- SB Energy's $1.9B Solar Projects: Biden Tax Credits Boost US Manufacturing
- SB Energy Funds 1.3GW Solar Portfolio with IRA Domestic Content