Masdar & W Solar to Invest 500 MW in Tajik Renewables
- MW Energy, a joint venture between Masdar and W Solar, has signed an MOU with Tajikistan to explore 500MW worth of clean energy projects – from solar, wind and hydroelectric. Part of Tajikistan's 2030 plan to develop 450MW of solar and wind energy with international assistance.
Masdar and W Solar Investment have entered into a joint venture to explore the development of at least 500MW of clean energy projects in Tajikistan. The JV, called MW Energy, has signed a memorandum of understanding with the country's Ministry of Energy and Water Resources. The agreement calls for the joint venture to develop solar, wind and hydroelectric projects in the Central Asian nation. This is part of Tajikistan's plan to increase its generation capacity of solar and wind energy by 700MW by 2030, with 450MW of this planned to be developed with the help of international consulting companies and financial support from international financial institutions.
What Is MW Energy's Plan to Develop 500MW of Clean Energy in Tajikistan?
- MW Energy will explore development of at least 500MW of clean energy projects in Tajikistan.
- The joint venture between Masdar and W Solar Investment will develop solar, wind and hydroelectric projects in the country.
- The agreement with the Tajikistan Ministry of Energy and Water Resources calls for MW Energy to develop projects that will increase the country’s generation capacity of solar and wind energy by 700MW by 2030.
- The project will receive 450MW of support from international consulting companies and financial institutions to ensure its successful completion.
- The project will be an important part of Tajikistan’s energy strategy, providing clean energy sources to the country’s population.
- MW Energy will work with local authorities in Tajikistan to ensure the project is developed in a way that is beneficial to local communities.
- MW Energy will also seek to ensure that the project is financially feasible and economically viable.
- Indonesia: USD 2.6m Loan Powers Shizen JV's Rooftop Solar
- 90MW Brazilian Solar Projects Energized by Trina Solar
- BNDES: Investing in Brazil's 902MW Solar Complex
- SB Energy's $1.9B Solar Projects: Biden Tax Credits Boost US Manufacturing
- SB Energy Funds 1.3GW Solar Portfolio with IRA Domestic Content