L&T wins EPC work at 90-MW floating solar project in Madhya Pradesh
- Indian engineering conglomerate Larsen & Toubro (NSE: LT) has actually secured an engineering, procurement as well as construction (EPC) deal for a 90-MW floating solar park project in Madhya Pradesh.
The order, the value of which was not disclosed, was positioned with the power transmission as well as circulation service of L&T Construction, the parent firm stated in a governing filing on Tuesday.
The project covered by the bargain concerns the setup of a photovoltaic (PV) park at the Omkareshwar dam storage tank in Madhya Pradesh's Khandwa district. Information concerning the beginning of construction and also planned commissioning were not given.
Mercom India reported in October that NTPC, SJVN, Tata Solar, Mahindra Susten, Eden Renewables, and also NHPC were among the bidders in a tender for three 100-MW floating solar arrays at the Omkareshwar storage tank. The tender was issued in July as the second phase of a competitive choice for the construction of a bigger grid-connected park of 600 MW in size.
- Largest Floating Solar of North India Worth 2 MWp Capacity Inaugurated in Chandigarh
- Madhya Pradesh Plans Three New Floating Solar Projects Worth INR 7,500 Cr Investment
- Can floating solar islands meet the globe's future power needs?
- Can Giant Floating Solar On Oceans Work?
- Iberdrola picks Brazil to mount its 1st floating solar project