L&T wins 1.5 GW solar agreement in Saudi Arabia
- The renewable energy branch of Larsen and also Toubro's (L&T) Power Transmission as well as Distribution service has secured an engineering, purchase and also building (EPC) contract for a solar photovoltaic (PV) plant in Saudi Arabia.
The renewable energy branch of Larsen as well as Toubro's (L&T) Power Transmission as well as Distribution company has secured a design, procurement as well as building and construction (EPC) contract for a solar photovoltaic (PV) plant in Saudi Arabia.
The contract was awarded by ACWA Power and the Water and Electricity Holding Company, the latter being a subsidiary of the Public Investments Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF).
With a power acquisition contract (PPA) in place, the 1.5 GW Sudair project is declared to be the largest solar PV plant in Saudi Arabia as well as among the biggest worldwide.
The solar center will certainly be established in the Riyadh Province on 30.8 km ² of land and attribute solar modules with linked single axial trackers and also inverters.
The project had actually been provided to PIF as well as ACWA Power as part of Saudi Arabia's National Renewable Energy Program (NREP).
L&T handling director as well as CEO Sekharipuram Narayanan Subrahmanyan stated: "L&T has been a company of EPC solutions for a number of green projects over the last few years.
" Securing this project is a significant turning point in our clean and green energy course to combat the climate dilemma that the globe deals with."
L&T Utilities whole-time supervisor as well as senior exec vice-president T Madhava Das stated: "KSA aims to become a leader in renewable energy and we more than happy to be a part of this trip.
"We have actually been developing effective power transmission and distribution networks with modern-day substations as well as transmission lines in this area for greater than 20 years.
"This [project] is yet an additional recognition of our capabilities to create mega projects to speed up as well as scale".
The project belongs to the 70% share of Saudi Arabia's 58.7 GW solar energy target ability designated to PIF. The Renewable Energy Project Development Office is to carry out affordable tendering for the continuing to be 30%.
In 2019, L&T was given two contracts for thermal power projects in India. The very first was from National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and also the 2nd from THDC India.
- The Maldives Opens Pre-qualification For 11-14 MW Solar PV Tender
- Sungrow FPV sees strong potential for offshore floating solar
- Canada seeks disagreement settlement over 'baseless' United States solar trade tariffs
- JinkoSolar, JA Solar align top priority polysilicon supply with Xinte deal
- Australian eco-friendly hydrogen hub blocked by federal government