LONGi intending brand-new 15GW solar cell plant to be operational in 2022
- 'Solar Module Super League' (SMSL) participant LONGi Group is preparing to construct a new 15GW monocrystalline solar cell plant in Jinghe New City, Xixian New District, Shaanxi Province, China to become operational in 2022.
LONGi stated that the project would cost around RMB8.0 billion (US$ 1.23 billion) yet would certainly not have a product financial effect on operating earnings on the company in 2021.
The current project would take in-house solar cell production to around 45GW in 2022. The SMSL member's previous cell developments targeted an in-house cell capacity of 30GW in 2022, up from 27.5 GW targeted manufacturing in 2021.
- The Indian Connection at HuntPerovskite, No 1 Perovskite Linked Patents Company
- Daqo to provide 41,000 MT of polysilicon to leading 210mm wafer producer TZS
- Trina Solar intends 10GW module assembly plant in Yancheng
- GCL-Poly and Wuxi Shangji group on 300,000 MT granular polysilicon plant JV
- First Solar shipped 5.5 GW of CdTe thin film modules in 2020