LONGi intending brand-new 15GW solar cell plant to be operational in 2022
- 'Solar Module Super League' (SMSL) participant LONGi Group is preparing to construct a new 15GW monocrystalline solar cell plant in Jinghe New City, Xixian New District, Shaanxi Province, China to become operational in 2022.
LONGi stated that the project would cost around RMB8.0 billion (US$ 1.23 billion) yet would certainly not have a product financial effect on operating earnings on the company in 2021.
The current project would take in-house solar cell production to around 45GW in 2022. The SMSL member's previous cell developments targeted an in-house cell capacity of 30GW in 2022, up from 27.5 GW targeted manufacturing in 2021.
- 1Komma5 poised to save Meyer Burger's German module plant
- Pahal Solar's Gujarat Factory to Double PV Module Capacity
- Slovakia and Sekisui Chemical Partner to Revolutionize Solar Technology
- Qcells and SOLARCYCLE Join Forces to Create Circular Solar Economy
- US Solar Manufacturer CubicPV Abandons 10GW Plant Amidst Collapsing Prices