Lightsource bp taps Siemens to supply over 1 GW of solar inverters
- UK-based solar energy developer-operator Lightsource bp is set to acquire over 1 GW of inverters for a group of solar projects in the Midwest as well as Southeast of the USA.
The firm claimed on Friday it had authorized a volume frame arrangement (VFA) with German modern technology team Siemens AG (ETR: SIE) to protect its solar inverter stations. Under the VFA, Lightsource bp will make use of greater than 850 MW of Siemens inverters, with an option to add 200 MW more over the course of the following two years.
The bulk of the projects will rely upon Siemens central inverter stations ranked at 4.3 MW - 4.7 MW including gas-insulated switchgear, step-up transformers and auxiliary power plant. Siemens' group will certainly likewise supply commissioning and also setup services for the projects, Lightsource bp said.
Separate from the VFA, Lightsource bp will certainly receive more than 185 MW of Siemens central inverter stations throughout the remainder of 2023.
- Savant Systems acquires POMCube battery and also inverter suite
- Solis releases new S6 hybrid inverter for either three-phase or single-phase projects
- Fraunhofer ISE offers examination represent arc fault detectors
- Ingeteam releases new central inverter for approximately 1,500-V battery systems
- Solis Launches New Hybrid Inverter in South Africa