Lightsource BP places major order with First Solar
- US thin-film PV module manufacturer will provide the 4GW (dc) of modules in between 2026 as well as 2028
Lightsource BP has placed a 4GW (dc) order for First Solar's thin-film solar modules, scheduled to be delivered in between 2026 and also 2028.
The modules will be made use of to provide Lightsource BP's projects in the USA.
This most recent deal complies with a previous order by Lightsource BP for as much as 4.3 GW (dc) checked in 2021.
" The US solar market goes to a turning point, positioned to expand at a rapid rate with the Inflation Reduction Act functioning as the catalyst," claimed Kevin Smith, ceo, Americas, Lightsource BP.
" We are seizing the opportunity by not just expanding our 20 GW growth pipe throughout the USA, however also developing large need for our US-based partner First Solar, which, consequently, is buying advancement as well as production, and sustaining thousands of straight and indirect American jobs."
The deal consists of orders for First Solar's Series 6 And also and also next-generation Series 7 modules.
First Solar is broadening its United States manufacturing capacity, with a 3rd factory expected to find online in Ohio in the first half of 2023 as well as a fourth factory which is under construction in Alabama as well as expected to be appointed by 2025.
Both manufacturing facilities will certainly create the Series 7 modules ordered by Lightsource BP.
- Speciality Glass Manufacturer Schott In 5.5 MW Energy Deal With CleanMax
- SEG Solar acquires Texas plant to house 2-GW module production
- New project by Dutch-German consortium to create simplified tandem solar modules for European market
- Voltalia seals PPA with glass maker
- EDF secures Californian solar PPA