LG Energy Solution buys previous storage market leader NEC
- BDA Partners, an Asian financial expert, has revealed that LG Energy Solution (previously LG Chem) has actually acquired NEC Energy Solutions in totality.
NEC ES, which developed in the United States in 2014 after a purchase of A123 Systems' energy storage space organization, was when a substantial energy storage player in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Its proprietary software suite, Aeros, was being made use of in Massachusetts to better permit energy storage systems to participate in the state's SMART program.
LG ES plans to use this purchase to broaden its energy storage existence in North America and also continue to use a complete range of storage services, from setup of batteries to full system solutions.
Energy Storage News has reported that NEC began failing in June 2020, yet the COVID-19 pandemic contributed to offers falling through to offer the company.
- Hungary's Terran to start sales of solar roofing tiles in Romania, Croatia in 2022
- Octopus Renewables Infrastructure Trust to focus on enhanced diversification after solid H1
- Moroccan solar-wind huge hybrid unveiled
- First Solar modules chose for 30 MW of PV systems in Poland
- Mercedes-Benz Gets 33% Stake in ACC Battery Project