Largest solar plant in Italy links into the grid
- 103MW center in Apulia took a year to develop as well as covers exact same location as 200 football pitches
Danish programmer European Energy has actually attached a 103MW solar park in Italy to the grid.
The solar PV plant, in Apulia, is the largest built in the country to day.
Building and construction took one year.
The 1,500,000 square metre website, comparable in dimension to 200 football pitches, will certainly create sufficient clean power to cover the electrical power intake of a city with 200,000 residents each year.
European Energy chief executive Knud Erik Andersen claimed: "European Energy has actually invested a significant amount in this job as well as we have had a fantastic participation with the Italian subcontractors.
" More than 400 individuals were associated with the building and others will certainly operate and maintain the task during the 30-year lifecycle of the plant.
" Italy is a crucial market for us. We are ready to invest EUR800m in the following five years to create various other projects in Italy, where the warm days and overall environment problems make a Dane like me jealous.
" This excellent solar plant in Italy is additionally an ideal example of European financial investment and also teamwork."
European Energy Italy project growth head Alessandro Migliorini included: "The climate problems and the warm days in southerly Italy are perfectly coupled with reducing edge solar innovation.
" The solar plant is made by a total amount of 275,000 latest generation modules and was engineered and also built with one of the most sophisticated modern technology.
" The park is 50% extra efficient than a similar park with five-year-old technology, which implies that it will certainly generate even more power in much less room, decreasing its impact as well as landscape effect."
- Canadian Solar to Provide a 75 MW/ 300 MWh Energy Storage System to the Mustang Solar Project in California
- Juwi tees up 54MW solar array on previous Japanese golf course
- AES Gener to add 253 MW RE and 112 MW Storage to the Grid in Chile
- EDF acquires 4.5 GW US solar pipeline, targets more development in PJM market
- China completes its biggest solar power plant