Jinchen secures 2.5 GW module production tools deal from Adani
- Solar production equipment company Yingkou Jinchen Machinery (Jinchen) will supply the PV production arm of Indian conglomerate Adani Group with a 2.5 GW module assembly line.
The agreement suggests Jinchen needs to day secured contracts to provide Adani Solar with 4.5 GW of solar module production devices, complying with a deal revealed by the firms last year.
China's Jinchen, which said India is among its crucial abroad markets, last year secured a deal to provide Waaree Energies with a 3GW automated production line for the producer's facility in Mumbai.
Since December 2021, Adani was India's leading solar module supplier, with 3.5 GW of manufacturing capacity, according to a record from consultancy JMK Study & Analytics and also think tank the Institute for Energy Economics as well as Financial Analysis.
Adani Green Energy won a tender in 2020 for 2GW of solar module manufacturing capacity in India.
Adani was likewise among the 3 winners of the initial tranche of India's production-linked motivation (PLI) programme, which is intended to sustain 10GW incorporated solar PV factory. The PLI scheme has actually because been expanded.
- LONGi announces perovskite/crystalline silicon tandem solar cells with 31.8% efficiency
- Maxeon Solar achieves record efficiency of 24.7%, various other improvements
- Indian panel maker Saatvik has plans for a 1.5-GW manufacturing facility in U.S.A.
- NexWafe safeguards moneying to build solar wafer factory in Germany
- Globe's Largest Solar Manufacturer Is Fueling a Price War