Japan Benex starts procedure of 1.6-MW rooftop solar array
- Industrial as well as electronic equipment manufacturer Japan Benex Corporation has actually started the operation of a 1.6-MW straight present (DC) roof solar array for the logistics center Prologis Park Kobe 5 in Hyogo prefecture.
The system, which benefits from a feed-in tariff (FiT) of JPY 10.7 (USD 0.075/ EUR 0.074) per kWh, was built atop the logistics centre and it is Japan Benex's 14th "roof-rental" solar (PV) array, the Japanese firm announced on Monday.
With 2,943 solar modules, the solar system has a projected yearly power generation of some 1.86 million kWh, enough to satisfy the need of around 620 local families.
HT Solar was the supplier of PV panels, while SMA Solar Innovation AG (ETR: S92) supplied a power conversion system (PCS) unit.
With the launch of this new system, Japan Benex currently has 31 functional nuclear power plant with an incorporated capacity of around 29.5 MW.
- Pavilion to provide solar energy to MTQ's oilfield services plant in Bahrain
- Norsk Solar inks PPA for 1.8 MW of rooftop solar projects in Vietnam
- Germany to remove tax hurdles to rooftop solar expansion
- Servotech Bags 4.1 MW UPNEDA Solar Project
- Amazon briefly shuts down solar roofs in all US facilities due to fires