JA Solar modules picked for 875-MW solar project in Qatar
- Chinese solar products maker JA Solar Technology Co Ltd (SHE:002459) said on Wednesday it will supply solar (PV) modules for an 875-MW solar project in Qatar, touted as the largest one in the Arab nation.
The company was awarded the contract by Samsung C&T Corp's (KRX: 028260) Engineering and Construction Group, which is the engineering, procurement as well as construction (EPC) specialist. The project supporter is state-owned petroleum company QatarEnergy.
Under the deal, JA Solar will certainly supply greater than 1.6 million DeepBlue 3.0 modules to gear up the significant facility, which will contain 2 different plants scheduled for commissioning in 2024. The plan requires a 417-MW solar park to be established in the Mesaieed industrial city and one more one of 458 MW to be set up in the Ras Laffan industrial city. The two sites will certainly cover an overall location of 10 square kilometres.
The electricity from the solar parks will help reduce the greenhouse gas emissions of QatarEnergy's centers in both industrial cities and also will likewise boost grid capacity in various other locations.
The project deserves regarding QAR 2.3 billion (USD 631.9 m/EUR 584m).
Qatar inaugurated its very first large-scale solar park, the 800-MWp Al Kharsaah complicated, in October 2022.
- Canadian Solar Mulls Solar & Battery Storage Production Expansion in China
- Canadian Solar unit to include 14 GW of wafer, cell capacity
- JV Forged In between Delhi's Omega Seiki Mobility & U.S.A.'s Li-Ion Cell Manufacturer iM3NY
- Chinese, Swiss Researchers Locate Cheaper & Faster Means For Perovskite Solar Cell Production
- Qcells to supply 2.5 GW of solar panels for Microsoft projects