Italy opens EUR-1.5 bn financing plan for rooftop solar in agriculture
- The Italian Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies (Mipaaf) has actually opened a EUR-1.5-billion (USD 1.5 bn) motivation plan that will certainly sustain the building and construction of 375 MW of solar parks atop farming premises.
The programme, introduced recently, intends to give motivations for the installment of solar (PV) arrays on the roofing systems of structures made use of for agricultural, livestock and agro-industrial objectives.
According to the announcement, project designers will be able to submit their applications to state agency Gestore dei Servizi Energetici between September 27 and also October 27.
The initiative is intended to advertise financial investment in the farming sector. Last month, Italy obtained the European Commission's (EC's) nod to carry out a EUR-1.2-billion programme for straight gives to farming and also agro-industrial gamers willing to install PV panels for self-consumption. The assistance plan will certainly run till June 30, 2026.
- Statkraft lined up as green power provider for Czech manganese project
- Soltage starts 28-MW solar project on land owned by Cincinnati Zoo
- Voltalia signs 30-MW solar PPA with Leroy Merlin
- Spain's Enfinity Global to Acquire 400 MW Solar Projects in United States
- Energy Consultancy ABL Group to Assess 2 GW RE in South Africa