Iraq nears 1,000 MW solar deal with ACWA Power
Oct 28, 2021 05:01 PM ET
- Iraq is close to signing a handle Saudi Arabia's International Company for Water as well as Power Projects (TADAWUL:2082), much better known as ACWA Power, for the generation of 1,000 MW of solar power in the Najaf Governorate, the Iraqi Ministry of Oil has announced.
Even more information regarding the project were not divulged.
The statement follows the Iraqi government authorized earlier this month a deal with UAE-based renewable resource company Masdar for the beginning of the very first phase of a 2-GW solar project in the Mideast country.
- EDPR begin on 20.6 MWac of Dutch solar projects
- Photon Energy boosts green bond issue to EUR 80m
- Brazil clears 100 MW of solar projects from Oct 14 tender
- Palisade packages 1 GW of assets right into new renewables platform
- Birch Creek purchases United States solar, storage space platform with 5-GW pipeline
Solar Installers, Manufacturers