Hungary: 280MW Solar Spike by Uniper, Callis Zrt
- Transition to renewables: Uniper is investing €8bn in renewable energy projects in Hungary and plans to end coal-fired electricity production by 2029. With 280MW of solar capacity ready to build, the company will continue to work with local authorities and stakeholders.
Uniper, along with its local partner Callis Zrt, has developed 280MW of solar capacity in Hungary and reached ready-to-build status. The projects have all necessary permits and can be connected to the grid in 2026 or 2027. Uniper will continue to work with local communities, authorities and stakeholders to transition to renewable energy. The company is participating in a tender for grid capacities in Hungary and is investing €8bn in growth and transformation between 2023 and 2030. Uniper aims to end coal-fired electricity production by 2029.
How is Uniper Investing in Hungary's Solar Capacity?
- Uniper is investing €8bn in Hungarian renewable energy projects between 2023 and 2030.
- The company has developed 280MW of solar capacity in Hungary and obtained the necessary permits.
- Uniper is participating in the Hungarian tender for grid capacities to help facilitate the transition to renewable energy.
- The company is working with local communities, authorities and stakeholders to build solar projects and achieve their goals.
- Uniper aims to end coal-fired electricity production in Hungary by 2029.