Honda's New Indian Subsidiary to Offer Battery Sharing Service
- The newly launched company is known as Honda Power Pack Energy India Private Limited.
- The brand-new company will certainly offer battery sharing service and purpose to fix three concerns of EVs: limited range, lengthy billing time, and also high cost of batteries.
Japanese automaker Honda Motor Company Ltd. has established a brand-new subsidiary for battery sharing service in India, the company introduced in a current statement. The freshly introduced company is known as Honda Power Pack Energy India Private Limited.
The company will offer battery sharing service for small movement, which is expected to speed up the penetration of electrical vehicles by fixing 3 problems of electric vehicles: restricted range, long billing time, as well as high price of batteries. It is planned to begin battery sharing service for electrical automobile rickshaws (e-auto) from the very first half of 2022 in Bengaluru, Karnataka, and broaden the operations in other Indian cities in a phased manner.
Honda's battery sharing service customers can make use of the services from local battery exchanging station located in the city to exchange battery "Honda Mobile Power Pack e:", Honda's brand new mobile as well as convertible batteries, with totally billed ones. By this hassle-free service, vehicle drivers need not wait for billing and can get back on the road in low time, the company declared in its statement.
In addition to using battery sharing service, Honda Power Pack Energy India Pvt Ltd will carefully work with numerous vehicle OEMs that want to incorporate Honda's battery right into their vehicles, by offering needed technical details for interface. By broadening vehicle original devices manufacturers (OEMs), applications, as well as service areas, it aims to onboard even more motorists which will certainly better boost service comfort.
Honda's battery "Mobile Power Pack e:" will certainly be made in India. By utilizing batteries made in India as well as accelerating electrification of little mobility, Honda Power Pack Energy India looks for to urge using renewable energy as well as contribute to the carbon nonpartisanship in India.
The new company, which was integrated on November 29, 2021, has its licensed office in Bengaluru, Karnataka. As per the official statement, Honda Power Pack Energy's capital stands at Rs 135 crores.
- Solar-powered battery gigafactory gets tick of authorization in UK
- Econergy gets 50MW/100MWh UK battery storage project
- EIB sustains Gravitricity European storage plans
- Enzinc will begin testing zinc-based battery with energy business
- Israel's Econergy to Build 800MW Storage Space, 900MW Solar Capacity in UK