Greenwood, SolarGen JV to establish 40-MW PV project in Minnesota
- Allied Solar, a new joint venture between Greenwood Sustainable Infrastructure (GSI) and family-owned power advancement organization SolarGen, recently revealed strategies to create a 40-MW solar project in Minnesota.
The solar park is to be improved 200 acres of privately-owned land in Alexandria and is approximated to generate enough power to supply at least 7,600 homes within the Midwest Independent System Operator (MISO) territory.
Currently, the project is being assessed for a Conditional Use Permit with the Douglas County (MN) Land & Resource Department. If successeful, it will certainly be fenced as well as designed based on input from the Douglas County Preparation Advisory Commission and also local landowners.
According to the news, the project in Alexandria is one of the initial advancements under a bargain from March 2022.
"This project will certainly boost access to lasting energy and promote regional job production. Additionally, this advance is evidence that solar is not just affordable yet can be carried out throughout the country-- whether it be the American South, mid-Atlantic, Mountain West, or the Northeast," stated Mazen Turk, chief executive officer of renewables financier GSI.
The state of Minnesota intends to attain 10% solar generation by 2030. Presently, just 3% of its power generation originates from solar as well as just 24% of that originates from utility-scale projects.
- EDF, French town of Saumur cut ribbon on 11.3-MWp solar projet
- Tata Power Renewable Energy settles 110-MW solar project in India
- Statkraft to get power from 40-MWp solar plant in Portugal
- Octopus to create Queensland's biggest hybrid renewable park
- German industry org requires separate tender for agri-PV