Greater than 550 solar business authorize letter to Congress on COVID-19 plan propositions
- Greater than 550 U.S. solar business have actually authorized a letter highlighting the extreme difficulties they are dealing with as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as detailing plan propositions that can conserve tasks and also sustain American family members. These business stand for several of the biggest suppliers, proprietors, designers, installers and also drivers of solar projects across the country.
" Our # 1 top priority is the security of our employees. For us, the 250,000 work in the solar market are not simply numbers, they stand for a quarter million American family members that depend upon a healthy and balanced solar sector to place food on the table as well as pay their expenses," SEIA stated in a declaration.
Complying with is a declaration from Abigail Ross Hopper, head of state and also CEO of the Solar Energy Industries Association, on the letter:
" As the COVID-19 dilemma gets to brand-new elevations, we are grateful that Congress is placing American family members and also their security as well as well-being initially. This is a public health dilemma that is impacting Americans on an individual and also a financial degree.
" We are likewise confronted with a fact we can not neglect: the solar market can shed approximately half its labor force as a straight outcome of COVID-19. At the end of 2019, 250,000 Americans in every state had a profession in the solar market. These are well-paying work that place food on the table and also maintain the lights on.
" But they count on the stamina of our market. According to our study, some markets in the solar market can see a 50% decrease or even more, up from BNEF's price quote of 16% to 30% simply a week earlier.
" Today, greater than 550 solar business advised Congress to sustain our employees as part of any type of legal stimulation bundle. As the stock exchange containers, tax obligation equity markets are running out making it also harder for solar business to make use of devices like the solar Investment Tax Credit.
" In enhancement to paid authorized leave and also small company assistance, Congress can offer instant alleviation to solar family members by permitting our business to make use of the assistance Congress has actually currently given to the solar sector as well as make the Investment Tax Credit either payable or refundable straight to our clients and also services."
Sight the letter listed below.
- Solar power UK hails phones call to speed up solar connections
- New renewables law in Serbia limits connection capacity to keep grid stable
- Biden Threatens to Veto Bill to Lift Moratorium on Solar Tariffs
- Maryland bill to permanently expand community solar awaits governor's signature
- Bipartisan Michigan legislators present community solar-enabling legislation