GES working on 131 MWp of solar parks in Spain
- Spanish renewables contractor Global Energy Services (GES) announced it is currently building three photovoltaic (PV) plants totalling 131-MWp in Caceres province.
The company was contracted by renewable energy firm Alter Enersun SA to execute the design and engineering, construction, equipment and material supplies, and commissioning works for the Caceres 2020, 2021 and 2023 PV parks.
With a total of 240,800 panels, the cluster is expected to be completed by November 2021. The solar plants will produce 243,300 MWh per year, enough to meet the annual energy consumption of 70,000 families and offset 229,675 tonnes of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions.
GES is in charge of the full scope of services for the three solar farms, including the tests for the correct operation of the assets, the voltage step-up substation and the energisation process to be carried out one month prior the start-up, the Spanish firm noted.
- The Maldives Opens Pre-qualification For 11-14 MW Solar PV Tender
- Sungrow FPV sees strong potential for offshore floating solar
- BayWa r.e. companions Gresham House to repower 2nd solar site
- N. Macedonia inks contracts with Bulgaria's Solarpro, Turkey's Fortis for 100 MW solar park project
- FRV to develop solar-plus-storage plant in Australia