GAF Energy introduces 'globe's first nailable solar shingle', intends to utilize sister business to roll out across United States
- Integrated solar roof company GAF Energy has actually launched the "globe's first nailable solar shingle", or rooftile, as part of its Timberline Solar roof covering system that integrates solar innovation right into rooftop frameworks.
The shingle, the Timberline Solar Energy Shingle (ES), has a depth of less than a quarter of an inch and also "integrates with traditional shingles".
GAF Energy, sister firm of North American roof covering giant GAF as well as a subsidiary of Standard Industries, dealt with Sandia National Laboratories, an US Department of Energy (DOE) research and development lab, to "verify the product's stamina, durability, and also general market-readiness".
It now has plans to roll out the new innovation across roofs throughout North America. A quarter of the five million brand-new roofing systems mounted on United States houses every year originates from GAF, according to a firm media release, as well as GAF Energy claimed it was "distinctly placed to bring domestic solar to the mass market".
The boosting partnership between residence services business and also solar roof service providers has been a noteworthy pattern in the market last year, with BayWa r.e. checking out the possible to join roof firm Beacon to provide solar and roof services all at once, as an example.
" Solar roof coverings are the future of clean energy, and Timberline Solar is the game-changing technology that will obtain us there," stated Martin DeBono, president of GAF Energy.
" At GAF Energy, we have the capacity to scale this modern technology like nobody else with GAF, bringing an integrated solar item that is weatherproof, cost effective, and design-minded to property owners across the nation."
In September last year, Timberline Solar achieved safety and security certification company UL's '7103 qualification', which makes it possible for GAF Energy to install the system on domestic roof coverings as a roof item as well as a solar energy product-- the very first of its kind to be acknowledged as both, according to GAF Energy.
The rooftile will certainly be constructed at GAF Energy's manufacturing and also R&D facility in San Jose, The Golden State, which the company onshored in the middle of last year, relocating operations back from Asia in effort to capitalise on the demand for rooftop solar in the US.
- Research: Chemical nature of defects that create trap states in metal halide perovskite solar cells
- Europeans Rush to Lower Power Use as Household Bills Soar
- Photon recycling: The secret to high-efficiency perovskite solar cells
- Enzinc will begin testing zinc-based battery with energy business
- The Hydrogen Stream: Hydrogen refueling stations for automobile market