First Solar's new 3.5-GW solar panel manufacturing facility will establish in northern Alabama
- First Solar has actually chosen northern Alabama as the area for its 4th U.S. solar module manufacturing facility. The new thin-film manufacturing facility is part of the previously announced financial investment that will certainly grow First Solar's American manufacturing footprint to over 10 GW by 2025.
The planned manufacturing facility in the Mallard Fox Industrial Park outside Decatur, Alabama, stands for an investment of about $1.1 billion and also is expected to be commissioned by 2025, with a planned annual capacity of 3.5 GW. The new totally up and down integrated center will certainly sign up with 3 manufacturing facilities in Ohio, consisting of one that is arranged to come online in the first fifty percent of 2023.
" Our dedication to responsible solar includes operating facilities that are amongst the cleanest, most safe, and also many diverse in the nation, as well as we delight in to bring our version of responsible solar production to Alabama," stated Mark Widmar, Chief Executive Officer of First Solar. "We boast of the role that this facility will play in producing stable, good-paying production jobs in the state, showing the financial as well as social value that clean energy can deliver."
First Solar estimates that its new financial investments in Alabama and also Ohio, currently estimated at $1.3 billion, will certainly include at the very least 850 new manufacturing and over 100 new R&D jobs, taking its total variety of direct jobs in the USA to more than 3,000 individuals in four states by 2025.
If the First Solar plant in Alabama will get on Mallard Fox Drive, it appears that there are various other manufacturers nearby, consisting of multiple steel representatives, a polyester (PET) film maker and also multiple chemical firms.
- REC Solar introduces fifth generation of TwinPeak modules
- Daqo New Energy wins five-year polysilicon supply deal in China
- LONGi hits 26.81% effectiveness for HJT solar cells
- America will certainly begin producing silicon solar cells for first time in half a decade
- First Solar indicators 4.9 GW deal for modules