ENGIE Storage to deploy solar-plus-storage portfolio in Massachusetts
Jul 31, 2019 06:52 PM ET
ENGIE Storage will supply and operate a 19 MW / 38 MWh portfolio of six energy storage sites that will contribute to the Solar Massachusetts Renewable Target Program and be active in ISO-New England wholesale markets.
This combined solar and storage pipeline, which is developed and operated by New York-based private equity firm Syncarpha Capital, is the first utility-scale solar plus storage offering to benefit from ENGIE’s new integrated development, supply and services offering for wholesale market integration.
ENGIE Storage will provide Syncarpha with a complete, turn-key GridSynergy hardware and software solution, and will operate the storage system for 20 years. In addition, a Market Participation Agreement signed for each of the six storage sites will see ENGIE Storage pay fees in exchange for the rights to operate the solar and energy storage system in the ISO-NE wholesale capacity, reserves, and frequency regulation markets.
- Birch Creek purchases United States solar, storage space platform with 5-GW pipeline
- EnerVenue to build 1-GWh manufacturing facility for metal-hydrogen battery systems in Kentucky
- Agilitas Energy Acquires Texas Energy Storage Systems Portfolio for $75 Million
- Nextracker to Supply 810 MW Solar Trackers to United States Solar & Storage Projects
- New electrolyte enables high efficiency of secure, sustainable zinc batteries
Solar Installers, Manufacturers