Engie Orders 200 MW Waaree Solar for Gujarat
- Engie India and Waaree Energies partner to build 200 MW PV project in Gujarat village. Waaree to supply AHNAY 545-Wp bifacial modules for 25 year power supply to GUVNL. Waaree, the largest solar module maker in India, to start delivery in November & launch IPO of up to USD-350 million.
French utility Engie India has placed an order of 200 MW photovoltaic (PV) modules with Indian solar product maker Waaree Energies Ltd. The modules will be installed in the village of Sayla, in the Surendra Nagar district of Gujarat, and the power generated by the PV park will be purchased by Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam (GUVNL) for 25 years. Waaree has supplied AHNAY 545-Wp bifacial modules for the project and will start delivering the hardware in November and complete supplies by February next year. Waaree, India’s largest solar module maker with a production capacity of 12 GW per year, currently operates in 20 countries globally. The company is also planning an initial public offering (IPO) of up to USD-350-million.
What Is Waaree's Role in Installing 200 MW PV Park in Gujarat?
- Waaree Energies Ltd, India's largest solar module maker, will be supplying AHNAY 545-Wp bifacial modules for the 200 MW PV Park in Sayla, Gujarat.
- Deliveries of the hardware are expected to start in November of this year, and the company will be completing supplies by February 2021.
- Waaree has a production capacity of 12 GW per year and operates in 20 countries globally.
- The company has recently announced plans to hold an Initial Public Offering of up to USD-350-million.
- The electricity produced from the PV park will be purchased by Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam (GUVNL) for 25 years.