Enfinity Global Hits 232 MW Milestone in Italy
Oct 25, 2023 03:55 PM ET
- Discover how two states dramatically increased their solar power capacity by 70 MW. Get the details on this impressive success story!
The two states combined account for 70 MW solar capacity.
What Is the Total Solar Capacity of Two States?
- California has the highest total solar capacity of any state with 63,000 megawatts (MW) of total solar capacity.
- Arizona is the second highest total solar capacity state with 7,400 MW.
- The two states combined account for 70 MW solar capacity.
- This accounts for more than one-third of the total installed solar capacity in the United States.
- California is the number one state in terms of solar energy and has the highest number of solar installations in the nation.
- California has over 240,000 solar installations, and Arizona has over 40,000 installations.
- California and Arizona have both implemented policies and incentives to encourage the development of solar energy in both states, including net metering and feed-in tariffs.
- Both states have set ambitious renewable energy standards that require utilities to obtain a certain percentage of their electricity from renewable sources, including solar energy.
- California's Renewable Portfolio Standard requires 33 percent of the state's electricity to come from renewable sources by 2020, while Arizona's Renewable Energy Standard and Tariff program requires 15 percent of the state's energy to come from renewable sources.