EnergyAustralia to take 180MWh of battery storage right into the NEM for Edify Energy
- Energy generator as well as store EnergyAustralia will manage and also run 2 large-scale battery energy storage systems (BESS) in a portfolio in growth by Edify Energy.
Renewable energy and energy storage developer Edify is currently servicing the three-system portfolio in New South Wales, Australia, which completes 150MW/300MWh of BESS to be attached to a substation at Darlington Point in New South Wales' Murrumbidgee Shire.
As reported by Energy-Storage. information last month, Edify Energy has contracted Tesla as the distributor of BESS devices for the 60MW/120MWh Riverina Energy Storage System 1, 65MW/130MWh Riverina Energy Storage System 2 and also 25MW/50MWh Darlington Point Energy Storage System projects.
This morning, EnergyAustralia claimed it is partnering with the programmer for 2 long-term services agreements totalling 90MW/180MWh: for Riverina Energy Storage System 2 and Darlington Point Energy Storage System, both due for completion in the 2023-2024 summer duration.
Building is expected to begin later this year.
EnergyAustralia will control both systems in their market-facing tasks as they participate in the National Electricity Market (NEM). Back in May 2021, Shell Energy authorized a lasting solutions agreement for Riverina Energy Storage System 1.
EnergyAustralia and Edify previously worked together on among Australia's first grid-scale BESS projects, at Gannawarra solar ranch in Victoria, which was retrofitted with batteries, once more supplied by Tesla. That entered into procedure in 2018 and also reports produced a year later on showed it had actually been a success.
Somewhere else in the nation, EnergyAustralia prepares to develop a 350MW, four-hour duration (1,400 MWh) standalone BESS at the website of Yallourn, a coal-fired nuclear power plant which is scheduled to be retired for retirement throughout this years.
- Building starts on 200MWh Fluence BESS projects in Lithuania for 2022 conclusion
- Quinbrook obtains BESS growth rights for 230MW/460MWh Uskmouth site
- Swiss Life acquires German battery storage stake
- Germany lastly offers energy storage space its own legal definition
- Western Australia placing 1,000 PV-plus-battery standalone power systems right into remote and rural areas