Enel pens deal for United States solar-powered eco-friendly hydrogen project
- Enel Green Power has actually authorized an agreement that will see energy from among its US solar projects converted into eco-friendly hydrogen to be provided to a bio-refinery.
The business has actually penned a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Maire Tecnimont subsidiary NextChem, which will certainly be the design, procurement and building and construction (EPC) professional for the facility, which is slated to be functional in 2023.
With a goal of expanding its green hydrogen capacity to over 2GW by 2030, Enel stated it is looking at the possible to co-locate electrolysers across its US advancement pipe to help develop integrated plants that can utilize on even more resources of earnings. While it is unclear which solar installment is to be made use of for the brand-new project, the firm stated it is focused on states where it has an existing functional existence, such as Texas, Utah and also North Dakota.
Salvatore Bernabei, CEO of Enel Green Power, said the firm is "proactively scouting for possibilities" for creating environment-friendly hydrogen projects both in Europe as well as the Americas. "We anticipate signing up with pressures with companions such as Maire Tecnimont to make the most of the substantial capacity that environment-friendly hydrogen represents for the decarbonisation of hard-to-abate fields," he included.
Having recently completed the 245MW 2nd phase of Texas's biggest PV project, the Roadrunner solar plant, Enel Green Power's operational environment-friendly power portfolio in North America includes around 70 centers with a complete ability of more than 6GW.
The firm's green hydrogen press comes the exact same week as seven business-- ACWA Power, Iberdrola, CWP Renewables, Envision, Ørsted, Snam and also Yara-- revealed the establishment of a new campaign that aims to scale up the manufacturing of eco-friendly hydrogen 50-fold in the following 6 years.
Needing an investment of around US$ 110 billion, the so-called Green Hydrogen Catapult will certainly target the implementation of 25GW of renewables-based hydrogen production by 2026, with a goal of driving down the price of creating the fuel to below US$ 2/kg.
- First Batch of World's Largest Tidal-Flat 300MW Utility Scale Solar PV Plant Successfully Connected to the Grid
- Invenergy secures building and construction funds for 1.3 GW website, 130MW Strata portfolio funded
- TIU Canada combating in court to reconnect solar farm in Ukraine
- Spain's Naturgy gets firm with 12.6-GW solar, storage space portfolio in US
- Lightsource BP finishes 260MW Texas solar