Enel builds green hydrogen collaboration with Oz company
- Cooperation with Fortescue Future Industries to concentrate on Latin America and Australia
Australian renewable green energy developer Fortescue Future Industries (FFI) as well as Enel Green Power will partner together to explore co-development of the green hydrogen value chain with an initial focus on Latin America and also Australia.
The business, through this collaboration, aim to make green hydrogen cost-competitive with fossil fuel-based alternatives throughout this decade.
Enel Green Power president Salvatore Bernabei claimed: "We strongly believe that in the future green hydrogen can play a strategic role in the decarbonization of global energy systems, complementing direct electrification.
" This partnership with a companion such as FFI totally fits within Enel's hydrogen technique to decrease the green hydrogen manufacturing cost, via the scale-up of innovation as well as through ingenious remedies."
FFI president Mark Hutchinson included: "This interesting announcement comes at a defining moment in energy.
" As winter season techniques, as well as energy costs remain to skyrocket, affordable green energy prices have never ever been even more required.
" Green hydrogen and also green ammonia are part of the solution for not only energy safety and security and also lower energy costs, but also for battling climate change.
" With a solid tried and tested record and also devotion in green energy, Enel is the best companion to collaborate with to make a green future a truth."
- Terra Sola, H2-Industries form African green hydrogen collaboration
- Swiss renewables firm inks African hydrogen MoU
- Globeleq inks framework contract for 3.6-GW green H2 project in Egypt
- Oz developer indicators 7.6 GW renewables pact with Egypt
- ReNew Power & Egyptian Govt Sign Framework Agreement for Green Hydrogen Plant