EDPR installs 38 MW of solar DG for Walmart
- Worldwide renewables company EDP Renovaveis SA (ELI: EDPR) said it has authorized 51 contracts to mount 38.3 MW of dispersed solar power systems for United States supermarket chain proprietor Walmart Inc (NYSE: WMT) at its places in seven US states.
These projects were delivered by EDPR's subsidiary EDP Renewables The United States and Canada LLC, particularly, the EDPR NA DG device. The bulk of the contracts as well as projects, an overall of 39, were carried out in between 2020 and 2021, EDPR claimed.
The dispersed generation (DG) systems are located on Walmart's facilities in Arizona, California, Illinois, New Jersey, Louisiana, Maryland and South Carolina. The installation included both rooftop as well as ground-mounted selections.
EDPR NA DG's deal with five solar setups for Walmart stores in New Jersey won the Large-Scale Project of the Year award from the Solar Builder publication, according to the renewables firm.
- Hungary's Terran to start sales of solar roofing tiles in Romania, Croatia in 2022
- Octopus Renewables Infrastructure Trust to focus on enhanced diversification after solid H1
- Moroccan solar-wind huge hybrid unveiled
- First Solar modules chose for 30 MW of PV systems in Poland
- Bosnia's ERS in talks with Hungary's Lugos Renewables for Trebinje PV plant construction