EC greenlights state aid for 100-MW Polish green hydrogen project
- The European Commission on Wednesday approved the arrangement of EUR 158 million (USD 172.6 m) in state aid to Polish oil refiner PKN Orlen SA for a 100-MW renewable hydrogen project.
PKN Orlen's special purpose vehicle LOTOS Green H2 sp. z o.o will get a straight grant of the previously mentioned amount to set up an electrolyser system for green hydrogen manufacturing along with a 50-MW solar energy plant with 20 MWh of battery storage space.
The EC has cleared the project under the Guidelines on State help for climate, environmental protection as well as power 2022 (CEEAG) instead of as part of the IPCEI program. It has actually been figured out that the action has a motivation effect and also minimal impact on competitors and trade within the EU, and features sufficient safeguards.
The electrolyser is attended begin operation in 2027 as well as progressively increase its manufacturing to 13,600 tonnes of hydrogen each year. The output will certainly be utilized in the fuel production procedures in PKN Orlen's refinery in Gdansk.
- Polish solar market to reach 27GW in 2025
- Multiplying Solar as well as Battery Manufacturing Facilities Placed Net Zero in Closer Reach
- JinkoSolar Subsidiary to Construct 56 GW Manufacturing Facility in China
- WATT to install 5.6 MW of solar arrays for significant bank in Nigeria
- Residential solar battery maker Sonnen doubles manufacturing capacity