Clean Motion to create solar-powered delivery van by autumn 2022
- Swedish electrical vehicle firm Clean Motion has introduced a new three-wheeled distribution vehicle, readied to roll off the assembly line in autumn 2022.
The Re:volt van has been created to satisfy the need for sustainable last-mile transport in cities as well as includes a modular setup that can be conveniently configured to fit the delivery of small or big items.
An essential attribute of the new van is its photovoltaic panel roof which Clean Motion states can include an additional 100km per day to the vehicle's variety.
"We are not alone in integrating solar panels into vehicles," described Göran Folkesson, CEO of Clean Motion. "What is distinct is the energy efficiency of our vehicles, which suggests that the solar roof can make them self-sufficient in energy. It likewise means that with just 40kg of batteries we can use a range of 280km, which will certainly suit northern latitudes where the sun is not a dependable energy resource.
"The market for eco-friendly last-mile deliveries is huge and also quickly expanding, yet the series of vehicles that can really change the old nonrenewable fuel source vans is not that exciting. With Re: volt, we intend to change the image of what a little electrical vehicle can do-- as well as start a green transformation in city deliveries," he said.
Clean Motion is currently wanting to partner with business with varied transportation demands, who intend to be associated with the van's final setup.
- Tesla reveals solar array extender trailer with SpaceX Starlink internet terminal
- Wild Lightyear 0 Goes 44 Miles on Solar Power Alone, Has 388-Mile EV Range
- Enerparc seals solar PPA with VW manufacturing facility in Germany
- Solar - 10 Predictions for 2022
- Lightyear in 5,000 solar car manage car-sharing platform