Chinese photovoltaic panel affiliate in California files bankruptcy, starts liquidating 400-MW plant
- Sunergy California LLC, the firm manufacturing CSUN photovoltaic panels in a 400-MW manufacturing facility outside Sacramento, filed for bankruptcy earlier this year and is currently in the process of liquidating its properties.
The American manufacturing arm of China Sunergy Co., Sunergy California filed chapter 11 bankruptcy in January 2021, noting greater than $10 million in approximated properties and also $17.2 million in obligations. In addition to countless breaches of contract, Sunergy remained in a lengthy financial debt battle with DEPCOM Solar, owing the utility-scale solar building company almost $4 million.
The assumption was for Sunergy to rearrange while remaining to run at its 140,000-sq.- feet production structure in McClellan Park in Sacramento County, yet later court reports located that the center had not been operating considering that late April. An August 2021 site visit by the bankruptcy trustee found that production tools, raw materials as well as finished photovoltaic panels were still situated within the plant.
More than 3,000 remaining photovoltaic panels were eventually marketed to Coldwell Solar, a large-scale California solar installer. There are likewise approximately "10 containers of pre-paid goods being held at the Port of Oakland by United State Customs."
Solar Power World reached out to Sunergy California and also its bankruptcy trustee for remark as well as did not get a reply.
Chinese solar cell and module supplier China Sunergy Co. opened up the American factory in 2017 as a method to "effectively serve clients throughout the USA." The center made 72-cell CSUN/ASUN-branded solar panels mostly made use of on utility-scale solar projects. Sunergy was noted on this summertime's anonymous application to the Dept. of Commerce as potentially among the Chinese solar panel manufacturers preventing antidumping tariffs by establishing producing outlets in other countries.
- Galp to get EUR 690m from EIB for solar projects in Spain, Portugal
- CBA backs mass rollout of small solar farms with hydrogen battery storage space
- Apollo Funds to Invest $824 Million in NextEra Wind, Solar Offer
- Tesla sets up 1.3 GWh of power storage space in Q3
- TagEnergy starts building and construction of 20MW/40MWh battery