Capital Dynamics to construct 200MW Indiana solar
- Elliot Solar project is because of enter building and construction in mid-2022 under a build-transfer contract with NIPSCo
Capital Dynamics and Northern Indiana Public Service Company (NIPSCo), part of NiSource, have actually authorized a contract to bring 200MW of solar energy to the US state.
The build-transfer contract is for the Elliot Solar project, in Gibson County, which will certainly start construction in summer season 2022 and also start commercial operations in summer 2023.
Capital Dynamics will build the project, and NIPSCO will certainly become part of a joint venture as soon as building and construction is complete.
" We are proud to partner with Capital Dynamics on another solar energy project in our home state," said Mike Hooper, NIPSCo president.
" The addition of Elliot Solar to NIPSCo's portfolio is a significant action in our change to lower-cost, cleaner and reliable energy for our clients."
Elliot Solar contributes to NIPSCo's two operating wind farms along with 11 renewable resource projects formerly revealed as part of NiSource's "Your Energy, Your Future" initiative, which includes the generation shift strategy at NIPSCo.
The NIPSCo projects consist of a combination of comparable joint ventures and power purchase contracts.
The company plans to be coal-free by 2028, adding cleaner energy resources to its existing portfolio of gas and also hydroelectric generation.
NIPSCo has actually also asked for the addition of this brand-new project to its supply portfolio in filings with the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission.
- The Maldives Opens Pre-qualification For 11-14 MW Solar PV Tender
- Sungrow FPV sees strong potential for offshore floating solar
- BayWa r.e. companions Gresham House to repower 2nd solar site
- N. Macedonia inks contracts with Bulgaria's Solarpro, Turkey's Fortis for 100 MW solar park project
- FRV to develop solar-plus-storage plant in Australia