Canadian Solar strategies US$ 9 billion polysilicon, cell as well as module factory in China
- Canadian Solar strategies to develop an incorporated PV factory in Western China, with a capacity of 200,000 MT of high-purity polysilicon, 10GW of both cells and modules and multi-GW manufacturings of raw and also complementary products.
The 60 billion yuan (US$ 8.87 billion) project will be found in Haidong Zero-Carbon Industrial Park in Qinghai province by the end of 2027.
The manufacturing facility is expected to produce:
- 250,000 metric tons of commercial silicon
- 200,000 metric tons of high-purity polysilicon
- 50GW of monocrystalline silicon poles
- 50GW of crucibles
- 10GW of monocrystalline silicon slices
- 10GW of photovoltaic cells
- 10GW of photovoltaic modules
- 10GW of sustaining new materials per year
The project, which is split right into eight sub-projects, has drawn in the highest financial investment quantity and also is of the biggest scale of any kind of in Haidong City in the last few years, claimed Wang Huajie, replacement secretary of the CPC Haidong Municipal Committee and mayor.
Canadian Solar likewise announced today that it has entered into a financial investment contract with the municipal government of Haidong City in Qinghai Province to develop an initial facility for the Industrial Park with an annual capacity of approximately 50,000 MT of high-purity polysilicon later in 2022. The facility is anticipated to commence production in mid-2024.
" We are pleased to further boost the degree of vertical assimilation of our manufacturing capacity by including polysilicon manufacturing capabilities" said Shawn Qu, chairman and chief executive officer of Canadian Solar.
" This will certainly help us much better control prices, innovation as well as product quality, as well as consequently additional improve our pricing power and also margins. In addition, approximately 90% of Qinghai's set up power capacity is tidy energy. Having our solar production facilities located in Qinghai will assist us meaningfully decrease the carbon impact of our items, particularly taking into consideration the high power intake for producing polysilicon."
Around 20,000 individuals are anticipated to be employed on the project with yearly invoiced sales expected to reach around 120 billion yuan.
Qinghai province is stated to have good cross-regional power transmission problems as well as huge potential for PV power deployment.
Back in May, Canadian Solar revealed a new PV manufacturing method, bringing more upstream capacity inhouse to reduce its exposure to rates volatility. Coming to be extra vertically incorporated would certainly provide the business's production division CSI Solar much more control over costs, modern technology and also product top quality.
- 1Komma5 poised to save Meyer Burger's German module plant
- Pahal Solar's Gujarat Factory to Double PV Module Capacity
- Slovakia and Sekisui Chemical Partner to Revolutionize Solar Technology
- Qcells and SOLARCYCLE Join Forces to Create Circular Solar Economy
- US Solar Manufacturer CubicPV Abandons 10GW Plant Amidst Collapsing Prices