BYD to boost solar kits storage capacity in Brazil by 50%.
- Chinese batteries and also electric vehicles maker BYD Company Ltd (HKG:1211) announced on Wednesday it intends to open 3 new logistic centres in Brazil to raise its storage capacity for complete solar kits to 1.5 GW from 1 GW annually.
Situated in the Northeastern, South as well as Mid-West areas, the new facilities will allow the company to accomplish distributions quicker, it claimed.
" We understand just how important the due date is, especially when the issue is an extra part or even an installment, which involves an investment with an anticipated return. The market normally takes 30 to 45 days to provide. We reduced logistical time in half without losing quality," stated Marcelo Taborda, sales supervisor at BYD Energy.
Each of the new centers will certainly have the capacity to store approximately 20 MW of the firm's mono and bifacial photovoltaic (PV) modules, with capacities varying from 450 W to 670 W.
BYD claims it is presently the only company in Brazil to commercialise a total solar installation kit featuring panels, storage systems as well as inverters.
- Eesti Energia to mount 25-MW/50-MWh battery in Estonia
- Queensland to relocate away from coal with USD-40.9 bn green plan
- United States utility PGE acquires 75-MW battery storage plan in Oregon
- Desert Sunlight project in California to include 300 MW of storage
- Oracle Energy strikes hydrogen handle PetroChina