Belgium's Ontex relies on on-site solar manufacturing at Italian factory
- Belguim-based individual hygiene firm Ontex Group NV (EBR: ONTEX) today claimed that construction has been released on a solar plant at the website of its manufacturing base in Ortona, Italy, that will be covering over 25% of the center's power need.
Touted as Italy's biggest photovoltaic or pv (PV) project for on-site power intake, the system is being executed to back Ontex's goal of becoming carbon-neutral by 2030. The Belgian company currently has various other manufacturing facilities in Italy and also in eight other European countries utilizing 100% renewable electrical power.
The solar array will be mounted within the production base of Ontex in Italy's Abruzzo region in around 6 months. While building works are readied to be finished throughout the initial months of 2022, the plant will be brought online in the spring of 2022. Once functional, it will certainly be able to create 11.6 GWh of electrical power each year, or enough to provide over 3,500 residences.
The project was developed as well as funded by Belgian solar energy options company Menapy.
Around 75% of Ontex's worldwide production centers are currently run on eco-friendly electrical power. The business either purchases renewable power by means of Energy Attribute Certificates (EACs) or has onsite generation ability.
- Moroccan solar-wind huge hybrid unveiled
- Bosnia's ERS in talks with Hungary's Lugos Renewables for Trebinje PV plant construction
- Enpal Elevates EUR345 M for New Solar Projects in Germany
- Building starts on 80-MW behind-the-meter solar project in Texas
- Leeds opens UK's first solar-power Park as well as Ride