BayWa r.e. offers Malaysian solar to regional power manufacturer
- BayWa r.e. has actually exposed the sale of two solar installations at Arau and Gebeng in Malaysia to regional renewable-focused independent power manufacturer reNIKOLA Sdn Bhd
The sale of the installments was performed in two phases and finalised in December 2020. The 5.2 MWp Arau development-- situated on the university campus at Perlis - was BayWa r.e.'s very first utility-scale project in Malaysia.
This project was likewise a significant milestone for BayWa r.e. for other reasons, it said, with it not only winning in Malaysia's first ever solar public auction yet also being among the initial to begin generating renewable resource in the country when commissioned in March 2018.
The 2nd project, the 39MWp Gebeng solar park, was completed at the end of 2019, having actually been supplied in just 17 months, according to the firm.
BayWa r.e director of projects, APAC, Daniel Gaefke, said that the business is "well-placed to continue to sustain both Malaysia and the region" as they want to minimize their reliance on conventional forms of generation.
- Avaada Gets Decision From MERC for 250 MW Solar Project with MSEDCL
- Fortum to develop biggest solar farm in Russia
- RE2 Robotics obtains $1.9 million in DOE financing for automated photovoltaic panel placement on utility-scale projects
- Bridgestone Americas tire plant currently powered by 2-MW ground-mounted solar project
- US ROUND-UP: EDF indications second PPA for Texas project, Exelon separates utility & affordable energy company