Axpo to market grid balancing services offered by largest Nordic grid battery to date
- The Swiss energy will certainly offer the ancillary services provided to power network driver Fingrid by the 30 MW/30 MWh lithium-ion Yllikkälä Power Reserve One battery given by French renewables company Neoen.
Swiss public energy utility Axpo will certainly market the grid harmonizing services used by the biggest energy storage facility planned to day in the Nordic countries.
A press release provided by the power firm-- which likewise purchases nuclear and also gas-- specified the 30 MW/30 MWh Yllikkälä Power Reserve One lithium-ion battery system results from be functional near Lappeenranta, in southeast Finland "in the coming months."
The Swiss energy's Axpo Nordic subsidiary will certainly market the ancillary services offered by a battery set up by French renewables business Neoen as well as the system will be incorporated right into Axpo's online power plant, which accumulations tiny to medium-sized clean power generators, storage space systems and industrial setups.
The Yllikkälä property will offer secondary services to the power network operated by state-owned Fingrid, Axpo stated in yesterday's news release.
Marco Nideröst, head of possession optimization at Axpo Power, stated: "The arrangement with Neoen in Finland is the starting point for our brand-new IT system in the Nordic [countries] We are delighted to sign up with forces with Neoen on this cutting-edge project. By making available our experience in advertising flexible assets, Axpo is going to add to Finland's change in the direction of even more renewable energies. This beneficial new property set up will certainly help improve grid security in Finland."
Finland has actually committed to getting to a carbon-neutral economic climate by 2035.
- Photo-rechargeable zinc-ion devices merge solar cell and also battery technology
- UK has 18GW pipe of 'shovel-ready' storage and also renewables
- Bluefield invites new investment supervisor as it targets a varied portfolio
- Capital Dynamics continues United States flurry with 4.8 GW strategic collaboration with IPP Tenaska
- PV mini-grid to back Congolese farming