Ascent Solar Technologies repurposes its solar center to progress perovskite solar commercialization
- Ascent Solar Technologies, an U.S. maker of lightweight, flexible and durable CIGS thin-film photovoltaic (PV) remedies, has announced that it has actually appointed its Thornton production center as a Perovskite Center of Excellence (COE). Reliable immediately, the facility will be committed to the industrial commercialization of Ascent's patent-pending perovskite solar technologies that are supposedly demonstrating laboratory performances over 20%.
Ascent has devoted its Thornton facility to the purpose of Perovskite manufacturing development, and also to the conversion of the Business's patent-pending Perovskite solar modern technology to commercial scale. The COE is resourced by a committed team of professionals spanning Research, Development, Manufacturing and Procedures; USD $30 million of industrial tools at original price; Ascent's patent-pending Perovskites intellectual property; and also operational centers with 17 years of making heritage.
" We're privileged that we have a production facility of this extent that we can devote to developing and delivering innovative Perovskite solar PV at scale," claimed Jeffrey Max, President as well as Chief Executive Officer of Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc. "The lately revealed proposed acquisition of European production properties would certainly, if finished, boost our core manufacturing capacity by an order of magnitude, allowing us to continue fulfilling consumer demand. This international production supplies us with the near-term versatility to make this substantial investment in taking Perovskite gains from laboratory to fab. When translated to commercial scale, the efficiency gains we have actually videotaped in the laboratory will certainly be a game changer for the solar market."
- Scientists transform algae right into perovskite materials with unique structures
- Scientist advance slot-die coated perovskite solar cells and also ink properties
- Study on Perovskite-CIGS Tandem Solar Cells Yields 24.9% Performance
- Perovskite solar cells from the slot die coater represent a step towards industrial production
- EU Poised to Stake Claim in Clean-Tech Race, Pushing Back at US